× Members

New Style ESA Support Group and Permitted Work

More
2 years 2 months ago #266876 by PennySpent
Hello all,

Current situation:

1. Receiving New Style ESA Support Group (I didn't have an initial assessment because they made their decision on my application at the height of Covid. No interview, no phonecall, just a letter telling me I was successful).

2. Was told last year over the phone that reassessment was due Jan 2022, should have been last week, but have not heard anything from them.

3. Considering applying for Permitted Work.

If I apply for Permitted Work, will it trigger their system to:
a) reassess me sooner rather than later?
b) plonk me in the WRAG instead of keeping me in Support Group (assuming they'll think I'm 'capable of work')?

I also want to know if I am obliged to send them bank statements if I am on contributions-based ESA? The PW1 asks if you are including bank statements, pay slips or accounts but I don't really want to unless it is absolutely necessary.

Thanks so much

Penny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #266879 by Gary
Hi PennySpent

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

We do have a handout on permitted work; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/?dlp=61edf1e3cc675

I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation as permitted work can be complicated and you are not in receipt of legacy benefit; You can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

www.gov.uk/government/publications/emplo...itted-work-factsheet

Unless you have been placed in the support group then your NS ESA will stop after 365 days, if you have been placed in the support group then your NS ESA claim will be on going until you are next re-assessed.

In regards to bank statements, if they ask for them then you need to supply them, if not your claim could be suspended, again seek help from your local WRO.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 2 months ago #266885 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic New Style ESA Support Group and Permitted Work
Hi Penny,

For permitted work you have to request a PW1 form, and send it in.
Obviously the type of work you do may affect your claim, i.e. if your work involves say, standing for 4 hours but your claim states you have problems with this? so just be mindful of contradicting your claim.
you can only work up to a maximum of 16 hours a week I would suggest perhaps 15 and earn a maximum of approx £143 pw. you cannot go over on either of these, hours or pay.

You will have to send in statments and especially wage slips as it is a requirement,of permitted work.

good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #266927 by Gordon
PennySpent

For clarity, the PW rule is less than 16 hours not a "maximum of 16 hours", whilst it would be unusual for the DWP to pursue a claimant working 16 hours I have seen it happen with the removal of entitlement to ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 2 months ago #266941 by traceytracey
Replied by traceytracey on topic New Style ESA Support Group and Permitted Work
Sorry Gordon thats what I meant when I said work 15 hours, I have read back my post and clearly it is misleading sorry :(

p.s nice to see you pop in occasionally :)

More
2 years 2 months ago #266971 by Gary
Hi traceytracey

Yes Gordon keeps us on our toes :whistle:

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.