× Members

Universal Credit WCA / ESA = Tribunal first tier

More
2 years 2 months ago #267071 by Peter
This is to all out there who struggle to get the benefits they have a right to. I am on universal credit and became physically and mentally unwell at the beginning of 2021, I sent in fit notes filled in the UC50 and, i was assessed by maximus / CHDA whilst being assessed for severe depression by a psychologist. The WCA assessment was conducted by a registered nurse who passed me as fit as a fiddle and awarded me 0 points. I had privately recored the WCA assessment and suggest whatever assessment others you ask for it to be recorded, as the amount of lies that are produced on the report of WCA is astounding, they said I was on a course for anger management, when i was be treated for depression by a psychologist. so it is important to get them to record all assessments.

I did the mandatory request. and complained to the CHDA, as I still got " I am fit for work" and have requested an appeal via HMCTS, i had a representative to do this for me an was awaiting a date for the tribunal hearing as the DWP will not compromise, in the meantime for the last year i have been sending in fit notes and have and have had my Appeal today for which i won and I was granted a full award on a number of grounds to be backdated to, I am awaiting the final decision letter, so please don't give up and do ask for your WCA assessment to be recorded especially if its a phone assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267110 by Gary
Hi Peter

That is really terrific news, well done and congratulations.

Thank you for sharing your story as it does give hope to fellow members.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @UC WCA @ APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.