× Members

Success!

More
2 years 1 month ago #268748 by Anne
Success! was created by Anne
I supported a friend to apply for PIP. She’s not had a decision letter yet, but a large sum landed in her account overnight saying it’s from DWP PIP.
We’d done the form before I joined this site, so I followed up the form with detailed additional evidence and supporting letters using the format suggested in the guide.
I was fully expecting to need to do an appeal/tribunal but thankfully that hasn’t been the case.
So I just wanted to say a huge thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, Susie27, denby, Gary, Angel, Jelena

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #268749 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Success!
Hi Anne

We always love to hear good news. Delighted you were able to support your friend and had a successful outcome with her PIP. Well done to both of you.

BIS

Tags @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, Jelena

More
2 years 1 month ago #268829 by Anne
Replied by Anne on topic Success!
Thank you!
The letter arrived today and they have both elements at the enhanced rate and no review until March 2026. I can now relax and get on with life. (We also used your info for their UC health assessment - again, they got into LCWRA group first time).
I'm glad I could help them. If I hadn't been around they couldn't have even got the forms let alone complete them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phrank, Gary

More
2 years 1 month ago #268834 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Success!
Hi Anne

A double win - that is good to hear. So glad for your friend that she had you to support her.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 1 month ago #268842 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Success!
As BIS says Anne, glad your friend had you to support her. But to me it does highlight how many people must be missing out and living and dying in misery, because they do not have the literacy skill, social capital etc to even apply or certainly not to succeed. Through no fault of their own either. A damning indictment of our society's government turning it's collective back on the very neediest.
Thank God for B&W, I have just nominated you for a 'Scope' award.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 1 month ago #268860 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Success!
Hi Anne,
Good news! Well done to you and your friend.
LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.