× Members

Relevance of a Diagnosis

More
1 year 9 months ago #271720 by UC:
Replied by UC: on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
Hi everyone,
My brother in law has decided not to go to appeal, on the balance of the risk to his overall award. He feels that he does not want to risk losing his standard rate for Daily Living.
I feel that he shoud proceed, but need to abide with his decision.....

Meanwhile, I am approaching seven months from submitting my DLA migration to PIP application and still await a decision......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #271737 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
Hi UC Of course it is your brother-in-law's decision, but do let him know that if his original award was at risk - the Tribunal Chairman would warn him and give him the opportunity to withdraw the appeal. This does occasionally happen and then a claimant's original award stands. Hope your decision comes through soon! BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by BIS.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271775 by UC:
Thanks BIS!
I did not know this!

This will probably change things. What's the time frame to submit an appeal?

More
1 year 9 months ago #271787 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Relevance of a Diagnosis
Hi UC

He has a month from the date on the mandatory reconsideration letter to submit an appeal - however, he can always put in a request to the tribunals' service to submit a late submission - but he would have to explain why. He can put in the appeal and add more evidence later if he's not up to doing it all immediately. The important thing is to register his attention to appeal

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271795 by UC:
Many thanks BIS!

More
1 year 9 months ago #271866 by UC:
Appeal forms will be posted this morning!

I will keep you updated!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.