× Members

"I need to validate your entitlement to Universal Credit" (LCW)

More
1 year 11 months ago #269658 by Larry1234
I've had an entry in my Journal stating that I will be telephoned next week to validate my entitlement. (Nothing of significance has changed since my claim and I've checked my appeal descriptors are as valid today as they were then).

Does anyone know what this consists of? e.g. A simple check or a reassessment of the entire claim?

My claim for medical based UC started years ago and culminated in a successful appeal in 3/19, before Covid. I've read that some validations, called "Retrospective Verification" are due to Covid: www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/17067/

Comments appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #269679 by BIS
Hi Larry1234

I am assuming that you are just one of many cases being checked. I can't say what they will ask you, but if they wanted you to have something specific the journal entry should have said so.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Larry1234

More
1 year 11 months ago #269716 by Larry1234
Update: Its appears that it's an ID check. I've elected to have an appointment at my local Jobcentre and have been told to take a photo-ID with me. If anything interesting happens I will post a further update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 11 months ago #270234 by Larry1234
My ID has been acknowledged in my Journal after I had shown it at my latest Commitments interview. Now I'm being asked about providing any dates I have spent abroad during my UC claim. I haven't been abroad at all and indicated such.
Will keep updating as necessary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

More
1 year 11 months ago #270263 by Larry1234
I received a Journal reply: "My checks are complete. Please remember to regularly check your UC to-do list and journal as further verification work on your claim may take place in future."

So hopefully this is over..... for now!

More
1 year 10 months ago #270614 by odwills
Just for info for anyone else who may have been contacted, I received the same message and had a telephone appointment to verify my ID. The questions were quite straightforward and my ID was validated during the phone call without any further follow-up. However, this may have been because my circumstances are not complicated and I have lived at the same address for many years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Larry1234

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.