× Members

BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY

More
1 year 11 months ago #270050 by synapse321
BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY was created by synapse321
Hi

I am looking into the following scenario as my blue badge has expired and I tried renewing it online. I got the following reply:

Thank you for your online application form. Unfortunately you are not eligible for a Blue Badge.
An individual is only automatically entitled to a Blue Badge if they receive the following under Personal Independence Payment:
8 or more points in the “moving around” part of a mobility assessment; and or
10 points (Descriptor E– You cannot undertake any journey because it would cause overwhelming psychological distress) in the “planning and following journeys” part of a mobility assessment
You are in receipt of 10 points ‘You need another person, an assistance dog or an orientation aid to follow the route of an unfamiliar journey’ in the "planning and following a journey" part of a mobility assessment. Therefore you are not entitled to a Blue Badge.

Is the above correct as I managed to get a blue badge last time I applied and there has been no changes in my PIP award?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270053 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY
Hi Synapse321, I would definitely contact your local council to make things clearer, preferably over the phone.

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawman

More
1 year 11 months ago #270088 by synapse321
Replied by synapse321 on topic BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY
Funny thing is that I think the council are correct in their decision.

Someone along the way made an error in previously giving me the

badge.

I just wanted it confirmed here on the forum if at all possible?

Thanks

More
1 year 10 months ago #270619 by synapse321
Replied by synapse321 on topic BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY
The reason I was given the blue badge initially and not now is

because the Government changed the eligibility criteria

according to my local council.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271166 by matthewafollows
Replied by matthewafollows on topic BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY
You can get a blue badge and have 0 PIP points. It depends on your circumstances. Obviously having PIP helps. I get 10 points in mobility but not in the working section but I submitted lots of letters re my mental health and got it on other grounds. So maybe call them and see?

More
1 year 10 months ago #271276 by Lawman
Replied by Lawman on topic BLUE BADGE + PIP MOBILITY
Email that to your Local councillor. They will help you get it sorted

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.