× Members

New wording for PIP 'moving about'

More
1 year 11 months ago #270075 by Gina
The member's guides for PIP for 'moving about' appear to be out of date for both 'new online' form and any others. The question is asked as follows

"How far can you walk using any aids or appliances you need?
To give you an idea of distance, 50 metres is about 5 buses parked end to end.

Walking aids and appliances include walking sticks, walking frames, crutches and artificial limbs.

A wheelchair or mobility scooter does not count as an aid or appliance for this question. If you use a wheelchair or mobility scooter, please answer this question by telling us how well you can stand and move without using it.

I cannot stand and move even using my aids or appliances

Less than 20 metres

Between 20 and up to 50 metres

Between 50 and up to 200 metres

More than 200 metres

It varies"

So there is no points guide to this question that I can find for the current online PIP form I have just been sent.

Am I missing something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270078 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic New wording for PIP 'moving about'
Hi Gina,
Although the forms may have changed the law hasn't! Descriptors remain the same for both Daily Living and Mobility.
If you look at page 89 of the new form guide you will see a simplified version of the Moving around descriptors and the points.
The old form guide has the Moving Around descriptors at the top of page 74.
If you have any further queries let us know.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gina, denby

More
1 year 11 months ago #270084 by Gina
Replied by Gina on topic New wording for PIP 'moving about'
Thanks. On my identical other thread I said I couldn't find this thread but have, apologies.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270190 by Gina
Copying from other thread - 2 identical threads maybe delete the other one to save confusion...over there I wrote

Thanks but I am really baffled. I have looked at the section on 'moving around' both for the new online version of the PIP form and the old version and neither has any connection to what is on my online PIP claim form. I copied what it says on the online form they sent me above and I really can't see how it connects to that section in either of the guides here? They just aren't the same questions at if you look at them. So I have totally different questions on my PIP form to anything in the member's guide here? I don't get it? Either I am being dim, missing something or your guides just don't bear any relation to the current questions. The questions I copied above are phrased totally differently, they ask different things to the things in your guides and so it is not possible to see how the points are allocated

I wrote that and Gary said he only knows about the paper form? I am asking here because I am filling out the online PIP and it bears no resemblance to your guide for the online PIP form here.

Gary says there is an online form and a paper form..well yes I know that I explained in the first post I was trying to fill in the online form and came here for help. Its frustrating no one seems to understand what I am asking.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #270202 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic New wording for PIP 'moving about'
Hi Gina I am sorry things have got so confused and frustrating. Gordon has answered on your other thread

"Your original post appears to tally with question 14b described at the bottom of page 90 of the current PIP Claim guide (new and online form). Gordon"

Hope this helps BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by BIS.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270250 by Gina
Thank you, somehow I missed it. I find the wording very hard to get my head around.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.