× Members

Phone Assessment

More
1 year 10 months ago #270160 by simon
Phone Assessment was created by simon
Had my phone call assessment yesterday, Lasted about an hour,
Lady called on time and polite throughout, Mainly went over the care i require from my partner asking the same questions but in other ways...fully prepared for that after reading through the guides on here.
Asked with regard medication and very little on mobility side of things.
Went through the issue's with my back and the mri scan findings and seemed to accept the numerous issue's and what's caused by them pain wise.
Lady advised some of the items purchased is why this benefits here and for those items.
Lady concluded you have a few months back pay which will be a lump sum and monthly then onwards, And with no prompting from myself the lady advised that she see's now reason why this claim will not be successful and will send it yesterday afternoon back to the case manager and it's normally 8weeks for a decision but should hear within 2 weeks.
SO don't know what to expect but could of gone a lot worse .
Kind Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270170 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Phone Assessment
Hi Simon

Glad to hear that you had a good assessment. If this was a PIP assessment you can ring and ask for a copy of the Assessment Report (PA4) which is available 48 hours after an assessment.

I hope that the decision comes through as quickly as she has indicated.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270259 by simon
Replied by simon on topic Phone Assessment
Yes it was to claim 'pip'
I then 2 days later received a text message to say the report had been sent to the dwp and i should get a letter with a decision within 2 weeks.
Very quick..Is it because they have all they need and can see the issue's i have or have issue's been overlooked?
Fingers crossed.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270271 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Phone Assessment
Hi simon

It is normal procedure from PIP, if they have your mobile phone number they will text you that they have received the report from the assessor.

You now need to contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4, once you get the report go through it with a highlighter and highlight any inaccuracies, you then have time to write to the Decision Maker at the DWP before they make a decision, pointing out any errors in the report.

It usually takes 8 weeks to get a decision but we know from the forum this can vary either way.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.