× Members

Can You cancel a claim before an assesment?

More
1 year 11 months ago #270179 by Waxwing
Hello

My brother has submitted a claim on the 8th of May but in the past day he has been very unwell and he feels as though he cannot mentally or physicaly carry on with the claim. and he wants to cancel it. He said that he will reclaim at a later date but he wants to do this now before it goes to far. He said that he will ask our local disability rights group to fill the forms for him and to help him with the claim. Is is just a matter of telephoning the DWP PIP helpline tommorrow and asking to cancel the claim. Can he do that or is he tied into a contract after he has submitted the forms? Should he ask for confirmation of cancelation. He is addiment he wants to cancel the claim.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Waxwing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270180 by Gary
Hi Waxwing

You can withdraw you claim at any stage, either in writing or by phone.

If your brother has sent in supporting documents DWP maybe able to do a paper assessment without contacting him.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

More
1 year 11 months ago #270181 by Waxwing
Replied by Waxwing on topic Can You cancel a claim before an assesment?
Thank you Gary

He wants to cancel the claim so I will advise him to telephone tommorrow.

If he does canel the claim do the DWP hold onto the evidence we have sent or does it get deleted?

Thanks in advance

More
1 year 11 months ago #270185 by Gary
Hi Waxwing

I have no idea, your brother can ask the question when he contacts but as it is scanned on the system as soon as they receive it, then I would assume it would stay on his record.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Waxwing

More
1 year 11 months ago #270447 by Waxwing
Replied by Waxwing on topic Can You cancel a claim before an assesment?
Hello

Just a quick update......

My brother telephoned at 9am last week to withdraw his claim because he did not feel physically able to carry on. The disability rights group read through the claim he withdrew and seriously advised him to reinstate that claim because they could not help him further with the claim because it was detailed. We used the guides to write the claim. What my brother is going to do is to have a little rest and whilst he is waiting to get updated evidence (maybe a doctors letter) and try and get copies of his MRI scans he had done to send with his claim (or reclaim).

Thank you
Waxwing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.