× Members

pip review has gone to assessment provider

More
1 year 11 months ago #270207 by William
The DWP wanted to reassess me recently after my original condition changed and I informed them of a heart attack and a TIA, on top of Mental health problems and being diagnosed with PTSD.

I phoned them this morning to make sure they had received the paperwork I sent out and the person I spoke with mentioned that they had received it and had been passed to their assessment provider?

I don't quite know what this means, the lady on the phone did mention they could make a decision on what's been provided, or request more information or request an assessment?

I've suffered with mental health problems all my adult life and was made aware about PIP in 2015 when they helped me complete the forms, I had a face-to-face assessment in 2017 when they downgraded me, I didn't know what the face-to-face was for and was having one of my better days during my assessment.

After the assessment however I took a breakdown which took 3 months to recover from.

I had mentioned on the PIP review form that I'm ok with being assessed but my wife would need to be with me as I found the last assessment in 2017 too traumatic.

On top of the mental health problems since the heart attack and stroke I no longer go anywhere without my wife I'm not familiar with due to the stress and anxiety it causes and have developed short term memory problems, repeating myself unknowingly too.

Can I expect to be getting another assessment again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270222 by Gary
Hi William

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

We cannot answer your question as it would depend on what supporting documents you sent in with your review form.

They may be able to do a paper assessment on the information you sent in or if they require additional information you may get a call asking for further information or they may do a phone assessment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: William

More
1 year 11 months ago #270235 by William
Replied by William on topic pip review has gone to assessment provider
Thank you Gary and apologies didn't realise I had submitted my question twice?

I sent off additional information as I didn't have enough space and this time my wife had to help with the form as I found it too much, my writing isn't the best yet after the stroke and I found it a bit easier typing.

Also sent my hospital discharge from the stroke and waiting on the doctors to send my prescription list and discharge copy from another hospital stay earlier in the year, which I'll forward on when I get those.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.