× Members

Finding an Appointee

More
1 year 11 months ago #270210 by Claude
Finding an Appointee was created by Claude
Please would a moderater confirm receipt.
My posts in my topics don’t seem to get registered
Thank you

My nephew ( 36) has been on ESA Support Group for 11 years. His Appointee
His Father received a letter a few weeks ago giving a date but no time for a phone interview.

We are not sure what this for.
All the letter says “ to ensure x is receiving the correct amount of ESA”.
Evidence of Bank Statements, savings, etc must be available.
It will be easy to provide all the paper evidence, My nephew has no savings that I am aware of.

Is this a review of his Entitilement to ESA?
He was diagnosed Aspergers Syndrome at 16 and has never worked in his life.
He has flirted with online gambling which we have discouraged, causing more friction.

My Nephews half sister who now has LPA for the elderly and unwell father has managed to put off the interview until we can find someone to replace the Father as an Appointee.

The half sister will cancel the role of Adult Appointee for the Father.
Can my Nephews Mother who lives in France take on this role ?
She would willingly come to UK for any interviews, reviews etc if the DWP were willing to communicate with her in France. But she herself is recovering from a health problem and will need a few more months of recovery.
She is British and so language would not be a problem.

My Nephew has always had his ESA and other Benefits paid directly into his own Bank Account. Can this continue if there is a new Appointee ?

My Nephew lives on his own and his rented property is managed by a Discretionary Trust with Trustees, but they are not Benefit Advisers.
I don’t want to take on an Appointee role, it would cause friction with my Nephew and I usually spend 5 months per year out of UK.

I believe there are commercial and non profit organisations that take on The Appointee Role.
Can you advice are they reliable and competent.?
Does Benefits and Work recommend any particular organisations that take on this role.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270225 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Finding an Appointee
Hi Claude

If you click on your name you will see both of your previous posts which have been answered.

BIS has answered your post; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...ppointee-role#270034

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.