× Members

Four and a half years later....

More
1 year 11 months ago #270308 by IDS
Replied by IDS on topic Four and a half years later....
Thanks Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270310 by Invisible guy
Replied by Invisible guy on topic Four and a half years later....
Gary,

if I understand well, I don't really need to let the council know about these arrears. I will just keep it under the hat. I would have absolutely no problem contacting it and letting it know, just to be transparent, but this council really would give anyone the creeps.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270341 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Four and a half years later....
Hi Schopenhauer

It would depend on how much you received and what it was for, if you are under state pension age and the back pay was less than £6k then you do not need to notify anyone, if your award was over £16k and you are in receipt of means tested benefit then depending on what the award was for you may need to inform your LA if you are in receipt of HB, CTRS.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270364 by Invisible guy
ps. I am under pension age. Thanks

More
1 year 11 months ago #270410 by Invisible guy
'' you are receiving means tested benefits, then you have to disclose any change of circumstances and this is a change of circumstances but bizarrely, the change of circumstances as a windfall as a result of unpaid benefits which are benefits which you should have been paid. So legally you should disclose this in respect of means tested benefits but it shouldn’t affect the benefits.''

More
1 year 11 months ago #270567 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Four and a half years later....
It's certainly circular Schopenhauer!
Denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.