× Members

Recorded Delivery Letters

More
1 year 10 months ago #270216 by Shrimp
Recorded Delivery Letters was created by Shrimp
Just thought this might be helpful or put someone's mind at rest

Sent off PIP review and info 4/5/22 by recorded delivery 1st class royal mail - checking to see when delivered, yesterday same message below still showing.....started to panic as cut off date 17th May, yesterday after several attempts and 2 hours got through to DWP and it was received on 5/5/22

Royal Mail sometimes do not update recorded delivery items as delivered - have had this a few times with cards that had money in.

Message showing on royal mail tracking (still showing same today)
We've got it
Your item has been posted at a Post Office. As you've used our Royal Mail Signed For service, the next update you'll see is after we've attempted to deliver to the recipient.

I asked the person at DWP I spoke to what would happen if it is lost in the system and he said that they can log the phone call and take the tracking number and date it was posted and you then have to copy and send again....
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270218 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Recorded Delivery Letters
Hi Shrimp

Thank you for your time line, it does help fellow members of the forum.

I have on a few occasions had to resend an application as DWP had not received my recorded delivery which is why we advise claimants to send any correspondence to DWP by recorded delivery.

Good luck with your claim.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.