× Members

A result but not the result I wanted..

More
1 year 11 months ago #270246 by lauren
After 20+ weeks I have finally received a result! Its not the result I was hoping for.. But key issues have been missed out of the points calculations ( werent even in the PA4) so it looks like is going to be a mandatory reconsideration for me..I'm like every one else though. I'm wondering if I'll make it even worse. It does seem very unfair so I will probably go ahead.

Thank you so much for all your help and advice.I literally would have got through the past 20 weeks if not for this site x
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270252 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic A result but not the result I wanted..
Hi Lauren

I'm sorry you didn't get the result you wanted. There is a risk when putting in for a Mandatory Reconsideration that your award could be downgraded - but it is a very small risk. I have only ever known two claimants that this happened two and they were very unusual cases. The majority of people find that their award remains unchanged, but some claimants win and I am sure they would always say it is worth having a go. Do read the guide and the advice on putting in for an MR.
benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lauren

More
1 year 11 months ago #270313 by lauren
Replied by lauren on topic A result but not the result I wanted..
Thank you I have looked at the advice. I have decided to go ahead with a mandatory reconsideration and down loaded a form. My award is only standar for 18mths so nothing to lose really.

Thanks again

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.