× Members

ESA to UC

More
1 year 11 months ago #270249 by Sidhu123
ESA to UC was created by Sidhu123
Hello, I have managed to find my letter of ESA which states that I am on income based and contribution based ESA in the support group. Also get SDP and pip. I’ve read that if you are on contribution based you will not go over to UC for legacy benefits changeover. Please could you clarify is it everyone on legacy benefits who will eventually be forced to UC?
Secondly, if the move goes ahead would I need to fill in forms for Esa or would I automatically be moved onto UC style ESA and in a support group, or would another assessment take place?
So worried as forgetfulness and anxiety takes over. Hate dealing with any change and now this is worrying. When I check against the benefit sites I will be worse off even with the transition payment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #270276 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA to UC
Hi Sidhu123

You have read it wrong, all legacy claimants will at some stage be sent a Notice informing that they have to apply for UC.

In your case as you are in receipt of both IR and CB ESA, you may be eligible for transitional protection.

When you receive your Notice letter from DWP I would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

In regards to your second question, I do not yet have a definitive answer although we have had a number of answers from fellow forum members.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sidhu123

More
1 year 11 months ago #270285 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic ESA to UC
Hi Sidhu123. I spent yesterday chasing my tail on this one. You are right, but the sites give transitional protection info for ‘natural migration’ people…. This is a claim for UC if you have a ‘change of circumstances’. If you are asked (told) to move by the DWP you will be classed as ‘managed migration’ and will get the ‘full’ transitional protection. This amount will decrease over time as other benefits you receive rise (rent payments/ UC etc). I will lose just under 2.5K per year. I will just lose it slowly……. But when I first move my payments will be the same. . They are bstds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sidhu123

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.