× Members

Ukranian refugees

More
1 year 11 months ago #270264 by Rosie Rottie
Ukranian refugees was created by Rosie Rottie
I am having a family of five Ukrainian refugees to stay. They will have the up stairs of my house as I can no longer climb stairs.
They are not paying me anything to stay.
Do I have to report this to the DWP as a change of circumstances?
I get contributions based ESA and am in the support group .
I also get PIP.
I am afraid that they will say that if I am well enough to do this then I can work and then they will stop my ESA or PIP.
Is anyone else hosting refugees whilst on benefits and what did you do ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Invisible guy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270270 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Ukranian refugees
Hi Rosie Rottie

Your question is outside the remit of the forum. You need to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk who will be able to give you more information.

www.gov.uk/guidance/homes-for-ukraine-sc...ntly-asked-questions

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270289 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Ukranian refugees
The .gov FAQs for hosts says a little about certain benefits not affected
www.gov.uk/guidance/homes-for-ukraine-sc...ntly-asked-questions. Over half way down a very long page. Hope that is some help.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.