× Members

Pip review, how much longer?

More
1 year 11 months ago #270326 by Jade
Pip review, how much longer? was created by Jade
Hi. I had my review forms through in October and they were confirmed to be reviewed on the 18th of that month. I have called multiple times since then asking for an update and I just keep getting told its waiting to go to the assesors. I'm not surprised I need another assesment as my needs have massively changed since my original claim and I'm not sure I even got the right amount the first time round.

My mobility is getting worse by the day and I'm struggling so much right now. It feels like I'm constantly in survival mode. I have a manual nhs wheelchair but I'm desperate for an electric one as I can't push myself far at all so I'm basically stuck. I cant afford one so I'm hoping I'll get mobility this time and can use that money. I currently only get standard daily living.

Does anyone know how much longer I could be waiting? It's been over 7 months and that doesn't even include the wait after the assesment. The stress is making me feel even worse than ever and I just desperately need it to be done.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270328 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review, how much longer?
Hi Jade

I wish I could offer you some sort of comfort, but I can't. The length of time people are waiting varies considerably but yours is in the longer time frame and we are hearing that some people are waiting 8 months or more. The DWP have a backlog and are prioritising new claims first. All you can do is keep ringing and asking when it is likely to be forwarded to the assessors. Sorry, I can't offer you more than that.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270332 by suemc
Replied by suemc on topic Pip review, how much longer?
I sent mine in February 21 they keep telling me my claim isn't up till December 21. Which is wrong because last time I had to go Infront of a tribunal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.