× Members

Managed Migration (3 months)

• synapse321
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #270336 by synapse321
Managed Migration - TC to ESA/PIP was created by synapse321
Is it possible to refuse to migrate from Tax credits to UC when invited by the DWP and still claim ESA Conts and PIP?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270350 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Managed Migration - TC to ESA/PIP
Hi synapse321

When you are invited to apply for UC you will be given 3 months in which to apply, if you do not apply your claim will stop.

PIP is not taken into consideration when migrating from legacy benefits to UC, it stays just as it is.

I have heard that CB ESA claimants will transfer over to NS ESA, I have raised this with the DWP and waiting for an answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270353 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Managed Migration (3 months)
I hope I am not butting in rudely but I would like to ask what is meant by the claim must by the three month timeline. I’ve read slightly different wordings that give rise to different interpretations:

1. Does it mean that from the notice letter a claimant had three months to contact the DWP and commence the process?

2. Does it mean that only three months are allowed between the notice letter and the completion of the process with another happy claimant on UC?

Thanks,

MariW

• synapse321
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #270365 by synapse321
Replied by synapse321 on topic Managed Migration - TC to ESA/PIP

Hi synapse321 When you are invited to apply for UC you will be given 3 months in which to apply, if you do not apply your claim will stop. PIP is not taken into consideration when migrating from legacy benefits to UC, it stays just as it is. I have heard that CB ESA claimants will transfer over to NS ESA, I have raised this with the DWP and waiting for an answer. Gary

When you say you are given 3 months in which to apply after which your claim will stop - does that mean TC will stop as well

as ESA conts?

Thanks

More
1 year 11 months ago #270369 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Managed Migration (3 months)
Hi MariW

When you need to act

To continue receiving financial support you must claim Universal Credit by the deadline date given in your letter. This is 3 months from the date the letter was sent out.

This gives you time to gather any information and evidence, such as identity documents that you need to make your claim.

It may take time to gather all your documents and evidence to make your claim online, so you need to act as soon as possible.

If you cannot claim Universal Credit by the deadline date given on your letter, you should contact the Universal Credit Migration Notice helpline as soon as possible.

We can only give you more time to make a claim if you have good reason. You must request this before the deadline date on your letter.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
1 year 11 months ago #270370 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Managed Migration - TC to ESA/PIP
Hi synapse321

Benefits that are ending
Universal Credit is replacing the following benefits for people of working age:

Child Tax Credit
Housing Benefit
Income Support
income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Working Tax Credit

Other benefits, such as Personal Independent Payments (PIP), will not be affected by these changes.

To continue receiving financial support you must claim Universal Credit.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.