× Members

Do we have the right to ask for post PIP review questions to be put in writing ?

More
1 year 10 months ago #270407 by ostia
Hello
Do those of us with severe mental health problems have the right to ask decision makers to put any questions to us in writing rather than in a phone call out of the blue, following on from a PIP Review being sent in?

I have come across some old notes re the WCA Handbook where it says that if this is in writing it should be accepted...otherwise it may be in breach of the Equalities Act (reasonable adjustment due to severe stress caused by unplanned phonecalls from DWP which may lead to the client being unable to represent themselves properly).

Just wondering....if this applies to PIP now too?
Many thanks
Ostia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270500 by Gary
Hi ostia

You post an interesting question which I have not come across before, so I am unable to give you an answer.

You may want to contact one of the assessors such a Capita and ask. There may be members on the forum who may have the answer.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270576 by Angel
Under the Equality Act, it IS covered, but the DWP and it’s assessors break the Equality Act every day and don’t seem to care that they do. You could try Disability Rights UK or the Scope helpline. Or the EHRC… but they have been infiltrated by government stooges…;

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.