× Members

Pip rejection

More
1 year 10 months ago #270409 by Vince
Pip rejection was created by Vince
Pretty shocked. After a 2 hour phone appointment I’ve just been rejected for pip. My psychiatrist has said I can’t work due to bipolar and I also have psoriatic arthritis. I was pretty confident I was gonna get it, but nothing. They even scored zero for budgeting and handling money after I’ve showed them I’ve been made bankrupt and not allowed any money as I don’t know how to mange it.

I feel really down now as I’ve never claimed anything in my life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270424 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip rejection
Hi Vince

I am so sorry to hear about your bad news. The first thing you should do (if you haven't already) is ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This is a PA4. The report will give you more understanding of why you didn't score where you should have done. What you read can be maddening, but the assessor is only offering their opinion and they are not always right!

I don't know whether you filled in your form from our guide, but if you didn't you might want to have a look at it again and see what you might have missed. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

If you want to, you can put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. You can find the information in the Guide to PIP Appeals benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip (scroll down the page to find it).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270575 by Shellsbells
Replied by Shellsbells on topic Pip rejection
I recently applied for pip for my son who has severe anxiety disorder and ADHD , waiting for autism referral , had a 20 min phone assessment and got zero points , he can become quite aggressive we’re he has punched someone in the face an broke his hand, dose t go out at all anymore , and report said he hits but not to hurt people hasn’t got a job cause he doesn’t want 1 , he can’t read or write properly and won’t take directions of people he’s 28 now never claimed excluded from school at 13 cause of his behaviour put in mandatory not holding much hope for that! But tribunal will be next don’t give up we’re not good luck

More
1 year 10 months ago #270601 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip rejection
Hi Shellsbells, you mention a report. Not sure if that was one you had on your son eg from medics, or the one from his PIP assessment [probably a PA4]. If it wasn't the PA4 you should phone to get this ASAP, as you need it to make a good job of the appeal.
Best wishes,
Denby

More
1 year 9 months ago #271020 by Shellsbells
Replied by Shellsbells on topic Pip rejection
Hi only just found this reply, it was the PA4 report from assessors call, I’ve already done a 8 page Letter for MD, all bullet points of the reasons for zero points!! The report was laughable, basically she described him as a child who has a tantrum if he can’t have his own way, and only hits people or breaks thing from frustration, not hitting to hurt anyone, he did punch somebody in the face and broke his hand needed an operation to fix it, but no police involved so he’s fine, told her his brother will drive him the McDonald’s in the drive through , and report says he went the McDonald’s cause no 1 would go for him, I won’t bore you with all of it, not holding out much hope for MR but will defo go forward with tribunal if that’s no good , thanks for your reply, not sure if I should have an alert when I get a reply, thanks

More
1 year 9 months ago #271128 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip rejection
Hi Shellsbells, unlike eg the Macmillan cancer forums this one isn't set up to send reply notifications, you just have to keep checking.
Best wishes with your claim for your son, they have no idea how hard it is to live with a neurodiverse young person AND fight DWP for their rights. I just worked in a secondary special needs dept and saw some youngsters a few hours a day which gives me a tiny idea.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellsbells

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.