× Members

Incorrect PA4 report

More
1 year 11 months ago #270430 by wazee89
Incorrect PA4 report was created by wazee89
Hi, I have just received the copy of my assessment report and it has a lot of incorrect information as well as inconsistent scoring with what has been captured on "social and occupational history" e.g. I need my spouse to assist me with dressing but they have awarded no points without giving any reasons even though it says in the history that I can't dress without that help.

I also had a call yesterday from the decision-maker and she has already awarded me a "standard" living rate which is not fair as I could have easily scored a lot more points required for an "enhanced" living rate.

Also, the award time is 18 months which is inconsistent with my problems e.g. spinal stenosis (12 years), fibro (22 years) only on the basis of incorrect information that I have an appointment with physio.

Can someone guide me on what to do and how to request mandatory reconsideration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270485 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Incorrect PA4 report
Hi wazee89

I'm sorry that you have not had good news. You can't put in for the Mandatory Reconsideration until you have had the award letter. Have a look at our guide to PIP appeals and the guide 'The best possible ways to challenge a PIP medical report' benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip. These will walk you through the whole process. Don't waste time on challenging anything that won't bring you extra points. The assessor has given their 'opinion' and you want to show why their assessment is incorrect.

PIP award lengths have got considerably shorter and they won't necessarily give long ones because you have long term conditions, but it is annoying if they have based that decision on erroneous information. All you can do is point out that you are not expecting any improvement in your condition.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.