× Members

DLA to PIP Migration

More
1 year 11 months ago #270434 by Stumbler
DLA to PIP Migration was created by Stumbler
i,

I'm still waiting to be "invited" to apply for PIP.

I am concerned that now I've reached State Retirement Age, my "invitation" might not be for PIP, but Attendance Allowance.

Is anyone able to reassure me? Or have the DWP just forgotten me?

Thanks

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270437 by peter
Replied by peter on topic DLA to PIP Migration
Hi Stumbler

Provided you are on DLA prior to retirement age you should continue on DLA or PIP after you reach retirement age assuming, that is, that they score you sufficiently under PIP.

Please be aware that if you were not receiving mobility on DLA prior to retirement age then mobility won’t be considered on PIP.

Similarly if you are not receiving the care component on DLA prior to retirement then your claim after retirement age can only be for attendance allowance.

For others reading this who may have failed in their mobility allowance claim for PIP when they are within 2 to 4years of their retirement age they should seriously consider appealing immediately. My partner did not (too exhausted and anxious about the appeals process) and lost out on a considerable sum ongoing.

I hope this helps

Regards
Pete

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stumbler, SUE C C

More
1 year 11 months ago #270444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP Migration
Stumbler

Just to clarify, the legislation that covers the transfer from DLA to PIP specifically overrides the restriction on receiving the Mobility component of PIP over State Retirement Age, so you can receive a Mobility award on transfer even if you are over SRA at the time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stumbler, Gary, SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.