× Members

New style Esa vs old style knowing the difference. Which am I on.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270435 by Willow
Hello please advise.

I applied for ESA May 2020. I was put in support group October 2020. Which esa am I likely to be on new style or old style ?

I didn’t get a initial decision letter as they actually sent me a rejection letter saying I hadn’t paid enough NI contributions so I was never told which I was on. I found out they awarded me esa when they paid money into my bank. When I called they said oh we’ve sent you the wrong letter you do qualify.

I can’t see anything on any other of the hundred letters they’ve sent me that clarifies. Other than
a section on a letter stating income and benefits.

No income will be taken off your employment and support allowance
Your income related amount is 117.60 less 0.00 so you would have been entitled to £117.60

However because you are entitled to contribution based employment and support allowance we will pay you £117.60

Does that mean in on old style contribution esa ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270455 by Gary
Hi Willow

Both CB ESA and NS ESA are contribution based, the amount you are awarded would be exactly the same.

From what you have written I would say you were on CB ESA.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270491 by Willow
Thank you.
Are the rules the same ? Ie about savings and income etc?

I can’t find anything at all about old style esa rules. Thank u.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270492 by Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.