× Members

ESA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #270458 by MariW
ERA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead was created by MariW
Looking ahead to the eventual migration notice, I have read the questioned that appear online when making a claim. One is whether the claimant has a disability, illness or on-going health condition that makes it difficult to work, or look for work. Two queries:

1. How much space is given online to fully state and explain diagnosed issues?

2. Is the claimant expected to scan and upload relevant paperwork?

I do not hold a passport. I do not travel anywhere now. Is it worth my while making a passport application to simplify what I think will be my toughest benefit change to date?

Thanks,

Mari W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270502 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ERA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead
Hi MariW

I have not completed an online application so I cannot tell you, I am not even sure that DWP do an online WCA form, there is a DWP online form for PIP.

When you apply for PIP you are given an option of online or paper form.

IR ESA has been replaced for new claimants by UC, you will still have to complete a WCA form to claim LCW/LCWRA group.
CB ESA has been replaced by NS ESA, both are contribution based benefits and the rules are the same, you still need to complete a WCA form.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 10 months ago #270520 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic ESA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead
Dear Gary,

I wrote my question badly for which I apologise.

I claim IR ESA with SDP. I am aware current claimants IR ESA will be subject to managed migration to UC. In response to the migration notice letter, the claim has to be made online within three months of the date of the letter.

Hence, my reference to the questions that appear online at this point.
One question is whether the claimant has a disability, illness or on-going health condition that makes it difficult to work, or look for work. I will find this initial online claim process very, very difficult because of my disability.

Two queries:

1. How much space is given online to fully state and explain diagnosed issues?

2. Is the claimant expected to scan and upload relevant paperwork?

I would certainly never be able to complete a full UC50 online.

Thanks again,

Mari

More
1 year 10 months ago #270541 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead
Hi MariW

I will leave your question open to the forum to answer as I have not yet completed an on line claim so I cannot answer .

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270547 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA (IR)-UC: Looking ahead
Mari

Have a look at the following

www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/...-claim/how-to-claim/

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW, Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.