× Members

New problems since sending review forms

More
1 year 11 months ago #270467 by Jade
Hi, I'm waiting for an assesment for my pip review. The forms were reviewed by dwp on 18th October and I've spoke to them a few times and they keep saying it's waiting for an assesment. My health has deteriorated a lot since my original claim so I wrote a lot in my review form. I only get standard daily living now but I'm desperately hoping that will go up once I finally get my review done.

The question I have, is that my health has gotten worse still since I sent those forms since it was so long ago. I have new problems that may or may not be related to the issues I had already and I'm now waiting for some tests and to be seen by a neurologist. The new symptoms are making me even less mobile and able to do things for myself.

Should I wait for the assesment and then mention these new things, or do I need to tell them before?Or do they not count as they are new and I don't know what the problem is yet?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270501 by peter
Replied by peter on topic New problems since sending review forms
Hi Jade,

My view is that you should report your new problems to DWP as soon as possible with evidence from professional where possible. If you don’t know the cause of the problems yet then just report the symptoms and how they affect you together with any extra aids you need due to these symptoms. Get letters of support from anyone, including family, who now helps you in extra ways because of these new symptoms.

Don’t forget to put your Name, NI number, any reference number you have and your date of birth on every page you send and keep a copy.

Regards
Pete

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.