× Members

mandatory reconsideration, how long do they take?

More
1 year 11 months ago #270507 by jubbly10
Hello, im not good at posting stuff so please bear with me. I have done a MR for my DD and just wanted to know how long roughly they take? she waited 6 months for a decision of a lower awards of care and no award for mobility. she was getting high care DLA and low Mobility dla. I know they are not the same criteria but her needs to be independent (as the benefit in question is ) are more. the main reasons for the low award was because she attends mainstream school and for some reason didn't listen to me when I said she had SEN and support at school, also because is not issued pain medication. the GP will not issue these anymore as they are cheaper to buy over the counter. sent in a loads of further evidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270510 by Gary
Hi jubbly10

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

We cannot tell you how long a MR takes as it depends on a number of factors such as what region you live in. Prior to Covid it took about 8 weeks but there were variations.

On the forum we hear members saying theirs only took a couple of weeks, while other members saying it took many months.

Sorry but if I gave you a time frame it would only be a guess.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.