× Members

PIP review - confusion about what evidence to send.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270508 by LilacGem
In the AR1 notes ('Information to help you') they send along with the form...

In the section about what to send & what not to, in terms of evidence, it says not to send "information you've sent us before....

I'm uncertain because most of what i have is what's been sent before it's just given a new date each time.
I have 2 conditions - ME/CFS plus a mental health issue. My mobility award is from points based on ME/CFS, my Daily Living is on points from both.

I have a new bit of evidence i think may help - it's a neurologists letter sent to my GP after my last appointment 1yr ago (i have 18mnth follow ups) which covers lots of the descriptors but it does say it was a telephone consult. And it's 'old' I suppose, being from last July, will they still take that into account?

I see a CPN regularly so she will just issue the same report she did last time with the words "nothing has changed in Camly's condition or functional capacity since my last report" And then include the report in the same letter. So i suppose that could be considered 'new' & not sent before.

But.... The GP report will at best be the same report as before but with a current date on.

Nothing has changed for 20yrs & my condition is stable, so i dont even see the GP unless i need to for something else. So they just put a new date on the benefit report/letter each time.
My old GP who knew me well has left and you never get to speak to the same person twice now, trying to even speak to someone on telephone is like blood from a stone since the pandemic, as you'll all be familiar with, especially if it's not something 'urgent'.

So just getting some random GP to re-issue the letter (which has all the details specific to the descriptors) with a current date is going to be a tall order. Getting a stranger who doesn't know me, to alter the letter or say specifically that nothing has changed is going to be nigh on impossible.

So if i just send the same report with a recent date on, will they frown on or not believe/consider it because it is 'the same' info as before?

Any comments/advice appreciated thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270511 by Gary
Hi Cemily

I would ignore what it says in the AR1 notes.

I would send in new supporting documents you have and any other supporting document that supports your claim, even if it was sent in last time as your claim will more than likely be seen by a different person.

The only thing I would say is don' t send in duplicate reports.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
1 year 11 months ago #270539 by LilacGem
thanks Gary.

Sorry if i bein thick but I dont understand.... you said to send it all because it'll likely be seen by a different person, which makes sense.

but then also

don' t send in duplicate reports. Gary
which leaves me with the same question as before ...

is the GP report i mentioned, - which will be the identical letter/report as was sent with my original PIP2 form) but hopefully with the date edited so its clear its still current, - considered a 'duplicate report'?
And therefore I shouldn't send it?

But then if its being seen by a different person then surely I need to send it like you said initially? Sorry i dont get what you mean.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270540 by Gary
Hi Cemily

What I meant by do not send duplicate reports, you stated 'I see a CPN regularly so she will just issue the same report she did last time with the words "nothing has changed'

If you get the same report such as the CPN report, then just send the most up to date report. Your CPN may have issued 5 or 6 over time but if they are all the same just send a copy of the latest one.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
1 year 11 months ago #270558 by phrank
Hi Cemily,

Just to say a few years back, I sent in evidence I'd already sent for a previous renewal.

I, too read the 'do send, don't send' protocol on the form, and thought; how can I get my point across without sending this particular letter again? I thought 'sod it' and sent anyway.

It did work for me. I got a positive result: the assessor based her report on the very letter I had included from my GP that they had already had anyway.

So, send in anything that relates to your condition? - and the difficulties you encounter. Even if they have previous evidence, send it in anyway. The HCP's are busy and so if previous evidence has not been read then it's there again nice and fresh!

Good luck,

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem, Gary

More
1 year 11 months ago #270608 by LilacGem
Oh i seee! Thanks :) :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.