× Members

UC and WCA

More
1 year 11 months ago #270509 by Sukie10
UC and WCA was created by Sukie10
Dear B & W

Never in my life have I claimed anything like universal credit , how challenging is it having to wait the 5 weeks for payment and not knowing how much you will get to live on , housing benefit stops what do they expect you to pay it with , unless you have savings ! surely for someone that has worked for full time for 40 years must account for something.

I filled out the universal credit online and you say you have difficulty at work through being disabled ,if and when you have the assessment and you fail the assessment will it put you on a sanction and stop payments ? as very confused with all this , not sure I want to have a assessment as the worry of it is giving me sleepless nights , would they make me work if I reject the assessment ?

Some of the questions I have read through the forum are really for those that are so disabled like being in a wheelchair or can’t walk or have carers and bed bound etc , surely if you can walk or pick up a carton you won’t pass the assessment , at the moment I have a 2 month sick note not sure where I go from there as nobody will employ me with my disabilities , fibromyalgia etc and walking is very painful with a toe fusion and arthritic hands.

Feel like I have given up as don’t want to lose my independence and lose my mobility.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270512 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic UC and WCA
Hi Myluckycharm

If you are computer literate then applying for UC is straight forward, for claimants who struggle with computers then it can be challenging when applying.

The way to complete an application is to take your time and follow instructions on the screen which can be very difficult when trying to complete a UC online claims form using a smart phone, if smart phones were that smart they would complete the form for you but thats another story.

To go through to the assessment phase you will need to give your workcoach a 'fit note', make sure you put a note on your Journal. Your assessment phase starts when you give your workcoach a fit note. You will then be sent a WCA form to complete, remember you cannot ask for an extension to complete a WCA form unlike a PIP form.

If you fail an assessment you are not sanctioned it just means that you are not placed in either the LCW/LCWRA group, you will just receive UC. You only get sanctioned if you do not comply with your work commitment.

You need to have a read of our guide to help you complete a WCA form: help-for-claimants/esa1

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.