× Members

First PIP Review - no real changes

More
1 year 11 months ago #270527 by JC
Hi, my review has arrived, and it is asking for any changes since the last award.

After looking at my last PIP form things are pretty much status Quo, and my needs are hardly changed.

My question is it OK just to say no change to all the questions, or should I write down changes even if they seem insignificant to me.

EG.
In my case due to my sight, I need help to get to a park to walk around, but now I can walk around the park 10 times, rather that twice when I put the form in. i.e. I am a fitter person.

I now get headaches, on average, once a fortnight rather than once a week that I used to. I still occasionally get them once a week but not always. To me it seems nothing but do you think I should include.

Also the PIP payment enables me to see my friends and has lead to my outlook on life 'ie happiness' to greatly improve, hard to prove medically, but I know it. again should this be included?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270531 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic First PIP Review - no real changes
Hi JC

If there has been an improvement in your condition then you are supposed to inform the DWP. However, you say that the status quo has not really changed, but then you describe things that from an outsider's point of view who does not know you could easily be interpreted as improvements. I can't tell you what you should write, but be careful of the words you use to make sure they reflect your current situation. If your award was for your sight - then focus on all aspects of that. If it is for your mental health, then saying your happiness has improved could lead to them downgrading your award. Don't put in things that are not relevant to the specific PIP criteria. Do have a look at the PIP guide which offers advice on how to complete the review form. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C, JC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.