× Members

PIP stopped along with ESA; lost all support to appeal

More
1 year 11 months ago #270545 by Bekki2014
My PIP stopped due to all forms going to mental health team as too ill to answer post. Their suggestion. But they’ve ignored the forms and all contacts, several were sent and this week I got a call from jobcentre that I could now work and am expected to attend job workshop on Monday which I physically cannot do.

First they lied they had no form. Second they said it had gone to wrong address.

Either way it all stopped two months ago. I’ve no mental health team support at all, not even gp anymore as they deregistered me for being too ill to attend and they cannot come here (long story I won’t go into - basically there’s no room at all for another person).

The mental health team have refused all contacts about this. Told me I can have a single thirty minute appointment to reapply in writing only (tick boxes only) but they will not put their details on form as no seen me since abandoning my care March 2020 and I’m too ill to do it.

Mental health team say money will restart if do form immediately. I do not believe them. I’ve already fallen for a social services and dwp scam.

I’ve an income of £77 a week from now on as everything else has stopped.

I’m terrified and mental and physical health spiralling. My help stopped due to covid and then refusing treatment NOT me getting better.

Can anyone advise me? There’s no benefits advice here inc CAB. I’m on my own and very, very unwell. New GP is adamant I’m fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270552 by Gary
Hi Bekki2014

We are sorry to hear about your plight, we are quite restricted in how we can help.

I can give you a link to try and find your local Welfare Rights Organisation or even a Law Centre who maybe able to help; you can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk or lawcentres.org

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270569 by Bekki2014
I’m not bothering to appeal. Sorry. I shouldn’t have bothered you. Unfortunately rural living means our already extremely limited services pre-covid are now gone post-covid.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270594 by BIS
Hi Bekki2014

I'm sorry that you are too ill to appeal at this stage. If your health does improve at all, you can put in for a late mandatory reconsideration and see if they will overturn the decision. I'm sorry we can't be more helpful to you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.