× Members

PIP review success, finally!

More
1 year 11 months ago #270610 by soozie
PIP review success, finally! was created by soozie
Finally, after 55 weeks I have received my PIP review award! Here’s my experience as I know it can be of help to some.

I received renewal forms early April 2021, had 3 months to complete and returned by July. Then the long wait. No envelopes through the door, anxious every 4 weeks that my existing award will go in the bank. I contacted them beginning January 2022. I have email correspondence as a reasonable adjustment and was informed that there had been an admin error and my review was now passed to the assessment provider (whom I will refer to as ATOS) and if my award increases it will be back paid otherwise I will keep getting payments until a decision is made.

Checking my emails on the 20th April, pip sent me an email with my assessment letter. It was for a video call on the 22nd. Now to contact ATOS - no email address, only phone numbers or address. Email back to pip, again and again, no reply.

My husband rings ATOS who recommended he becomes my appointee - which is fine by me - then puts him through to pip and the advisor had no clue about this and said that is only an option if the claimant has learning difficulties. Put back through to ATOS then back through to an advisor who knew what to do. And by lunchtime on the 21st it was arranged that my husband would do a telephone interview with the hp.

I went to my GP a couple of weeks later and she said that DWP had sent her forms to fill in and she had done them and sent them back. I was shocked as I’m aware that this is unusual.

And 3 weeks after the assessment backpay was in my account and finally awarded enhanced care and mobility. Previously standard care and enhanced mobility. Also, my claim will be reviewed after 2032!

Taken a couple of weeks to absorb it all. It’s such a gruelling process. Now on a 12 week waiting list for a blue badge as I haven’t been able to renew for a while as no official award end date previously. The backpay has allowed me to buy an electric wheelchair - something that I have been hoping for for such a long time.

Thank you b&w. Once again your guides have helped not only myself but also my husband who has never been involved previously with any claims and was able to understand the process. And knowing there’s someone somewhere who can help and/or support in these dark and lonely times is literally a life saver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Gary, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270625 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP review success, finally!
Hi soozie,
What a saga! But you have made it, phew! Well done on both your persistence and final award. Congratulations. It is always good to hear good news stories and to learn that B&W has been useful for you, and yes your story will give others the courage to pursue their own claims.
I am glad that you have been able to purchase a wheelchair that will no doubt give you access to many more places and make life easier for you.
Well done.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: soozie

More
1 year 10 months ago #271014 by Joffx
Replied by Joffx on topic PIP review success, finally!
I received my review notice only to find the same old excuses. I can drive so I can grip and manage without any change. I walk with crutches so my grip is fine etc etc. I broke my femur as well as many other previous injuries I can hardly walk at all and now need carers but in their eyes I am fine. With the help of B&W I put in my mandatory reconsideration including all my evidence I am just waiting for the outcome. I am very confident with all the assistance of this site it’s brilliant
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, BIS, SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.