× Members

PIP SUPPORTING LETTER FROM FAMILY CARER

More
1 year 10 months ago #270615 by ela67
Hello, I'm my adult son's carer and have just received his PIP renewal. We had a terrible time applying for his first PIP and I'd like to make his renewal as smooth as possible. For his original PIP application I sent in 41 pages of supporting medical evidence and I have some new evidence from more recent appointments, the latter which I'll send in. I'd like to include a supporting letter from myself and my husband as we care for our son. Is there a template I could look at so that I don't miss out anything important.?I'm aware that wording is vital in communicating the difficulty he has and how this applies to the PIP descriptors. I've read through the guides. Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270623 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP SUPPORTING LETTER FROM FAMILY CARER
Hi Ela67

There isn't a template for writing a supporting letter. You and your husband as carers to your son are the people who know better than anyone how his disabilities affect him. I would give a summary of all the specific PIP questions on the review form - saying what you have observed and what impact this has on him. You are confirming the difficulties he has. The letter doesn't have to be too long.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ela67

More
1 year 10 months ago #270903 by ela67
Replied by ela67 on topic PIP SUPPORTING LETTER FROM FAMILY CARER
Thank you, as I'm writing out the actual PIP review form as his appointee, would you say there any point in me also writing a letter of support as his carer if I'm just going to be writing the same things?
Thank you
Elle

More
1 year 10 months ago #270930 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP SUPPORTING LETTER FROM FAMILY CARER
Hi ela67

It is always worth writing a support letter even if you completed the form, your support should describe what support you give and WHY.

The why part is the important part of the support letter as it explains what difficulties the claimant has whether it's washing, toiletries, cooking, managing finances etc etc

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ela67

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.