× Members

Big thanks to the Benefits and Work team.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270645 by philip.sands
Big thanks to the Benefits and Work team. was created by philip.sands
Over a year ago my wife applied for PIP and was rejected. After reading the guides on here after subscribing she submitted a new claim which was again rejected, I told her to appeal which was accepted, she was awarded the standard rate living allowance and had 6 months back payments paid. In November last year I applied for and was awarded a Blue Badge from the local council for my disability but hadn't thought I was severe enough to get PIP. In January this year I applied for PIP and didn't think that I would qualify, on Saturday 21st May I received a letter informing me that I had been awarded the standard rate living allowance and the standard rate mobility allowance and back payment to January this year. I couldn't have done it without the advice on here and would urge anyone to subscribe and download the guides to help you. So to the admin and members here I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the support you give to everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270654 by LL26
Hi philip.sands,
Wonderful news. Thank you for sharing your story. It it always good to know that our website has been useful.
Well done.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270706 by philip.sands
Replied by philip.sands on topic Big thanks to the Benefits and Work team.
What I would emphasise is that it doesn't matter to the assessor what your condition is, it's how it affects your daily life, Don't be afraid to lay bare the truth, warts and all no matter how embarrassing you may feel, If the assessor feels your pain you have a better chance of getting a result, be sure to let them know how your bad days go. Oh, don't lie as that could come back and bite you big time! Good Luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.