× Members

PIP Renewal

More
1 year 11 months ago #270774 by baz4449
PIP Renewal was created by baz4449
I was awarded PIP high rate in August 2017. This was after following all the advice on B&W. I submitted all Doctors,Surgeons,Medical Advisers notes etc, and had a face to face medical twice with Atos. It was awarded for five years ending this August. During the covid pandemic in Jan 2021 I received a letter saying that it would be extended to May 2023.
I expected a review to begin shortly,12 months before expiry so I again began rechecking all updates on the B&W web page to ensure I knew what the review procedure was.
Today I got a letter from DWP that my award is now for an “ongoing period and has no end date”
Reason given:- We have changed how often we review PIP awards for claimant’s who have reached State Pension Age. We will review how much help you need 10 yrs after your PIP was last awarded.
We will write to you about this on or around September 2027.

So May I say that if you follow all the advise given by B&W and submit genuine relevant documentation, attend face to face medical in a polite and respectful manner ( even though they try to catch you out) you should be OK.

My thanks go out to all at B&W who helped me get and retain PIP and I will continue to subscribe and be a member as the fight still goes on.
Well done B&W, keep up the good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Blum, Gary, SUE C C, Milish

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270778 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP Renewal
Hi baz4449,
Thank you for sharing your story it is always good to learn of the experiences of our members. I think it really does encourage other members to pursue their own claims.
Thank you also for your kind words about B&W, it is good to know that we have made a positive difference.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #270781 by Shrimp
Replied by Shrimp on topic PIP Renewal
Thank you for sharing........

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.