× Members

PIP review - awarded

More
1 year 10 months ago #271239 by dingleydell
PIP review - awarded was created by dingleydell
I just wanted to thank the Mods for their help in my PIP renewal, and provide an update on what happened.

DWP managed to "forget" to send my submitted claim papers to the assessment team from July 2021, till I prompted them in December to ask what was going to happen when my PIP was due to end on 1 January......
I had an extension granted to 1 June 2022, and had my phone-based assessment in March 2022. It was over two and half hours long.
My PA4 was not sent to DWP for over 4 weeks. Like my first PA4, it contained a number of errors - things I had simply not said and were clearly referring to another applicant.
I received my decision within a week of DWP receiving my PA4. I was awarded higher rate care and standard mobility.
I had previously been awarded standard rate for care and mobility by Tribunal 3 years ago, having originally received zero points at both assessment and MR.
The increase in the care rate was due to a new condition since my Tribunal. Otherwise, I very much felt that, reading their reports, the assessor and the DM were not going to veer from the previous Tribunal conclusion.

Again, thank you to the Mods and to this excellent website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271241 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review - awarded
Hi dingleydell

Many congratulations on your successful review and PIP award. Great to hear.

We're glad we could be of help.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #271250 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP review - awarded
Hi dingleydell,
It's a big well done from me too! I'm glad that you found our website helpful. Positive stories like yours really do inspire members to continue with their claims, however difficult it may seem from time to time.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #271254 by Roch82
Replied by Roch82 on topic PIP review - awarded
Can I Dingleydell, your other condition that had changed since your tribunal, when did that change occurr if you don't mind me asking? Was there a reason you didn't put a change of circumstances in?

Just that I had my tribunal last week end won. Standard for both parts, althea didn't at all take my fibromyalgia into consideration it was for my mental health. The judge told me to put a change of circumstances in right away as they don't back date change of circumstances.
Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.