× Members

assessors report ?

More
1 year 10 months ago #271590 by freddey
assessors report ? was created by freddey
hi all

i had a thought last night.

because i had my award awarded without a need for a assessment, has a assessors report been made ? and can i ask for it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271600 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic assessors report ?
Hi Freddey

If you had a paper-based assessment - you should be able to ring up and ask for a copy of the report - it is a PA3

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #271637 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic assessors report ?
Hi freddey,

I had a paper based review last year and I asked for the assessment report which came through quite quickly.

I just rang and requested it.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

More
1 year 10 months ago #271654 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic assessors report ?
Hi Freddey, if the decision was made by the decision maker/ case manager alone there may not be a report at all. This happened to me at my last review and they told me there were only some system notes which were for the decision makers own use and I could not have access to them.

Best wishes

More
1 year 10 months ago #271656 by robreay
Replied by robreay on topic assessors report ?
If I recall did you get a call out of the blue from the Case Manager (CM) at PIP to clarify a few things and was then reawarded PIP? Apologies if I'm getting you mixed up with someone else.

If the above is correct there may not be a PA3 paper based assessment report. This is the report that is usually completed by the assessment provider when a paper based assessment has been completed. I too had a phone call from the PIP CM to clarify three things. I was then reawarded PIP and went from standard mobility to standard mobility and standard care.

I had previously read elsewhere that where the CM makes a decision without referring the file to the assessment provider then no PA3 is completed. Rather than phone PIP to ask for a copy of a possibly non-existent form I instead did a Subject Access Request which got me everything that PIP held about me on both computer and paper records. I can confirm that no PA3 was completed. Instead there were notes that the CM put on the system which included the questions I was asked, my answers (typed up by the CM, not a recording of the phone call) and some notes which highlighted which descriptors / activities I scored points on with a brief overview of the justification for each point scored and a brief mention of the descriptors for which I scored no points. There was little else. I imagine it's an alternative to a PA3 but it wasn't in a format that could easily be sent through the post, i.e. it wasn't on a PA3 form that could easily be printed off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, Gary, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.