× Members

Lcwra Backpay

More
1 year 9 months ago #271635 by DrKiera
Lcwra Backpay was created by DrKiera
I put in my first sicknote on feb first and got approved for lcwra group a few weeks ago. Because my claim period is the 10th to the 10th I got my first higher universal credit award on the 16th but there are 9 days between when the three months waiting period ended on May 1 and the first full claim period. When I asked about when I will get paid for those nine days I was told the following: "Hello, I am sorry I think there has been a bit of confusion. There is no 9 days due the system will not issue arrears for 9 days it will only calculate payments for a full one month period and that is what is included in this payment.” Is this correct? It really doesn't seem fair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271669 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Lcwra Backpay
Hi DrKiera

Universal Credit is worked out on a calander monthly basis. it is calculated for each month 'assessment period' the first assessment period will normally be the month beginning with the first day that you were entitled to Universal Credit; subsequently monthly assessment period will follow for as long as you remain entitled to Universal Credit.

The LCWRA amount can only be included in your award in the monthly assessment period following on from the waiting period.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.