× Members

DWP Late in responding to appeal request

More
1 year 10 months ago #271652 by Nikki-White
DWP Late in responding to appeal request was created by Nikki-White
So just like the titles shows

An appeal was lodge on my behalf by my advice support group, the DWP had till the 22nd of June to respond which the have not as I’ll not received an update

Is this normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271657 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic DWP Late in responding to appeal request
Hi Nikki-White,
Yes, unfortunately sometimes DWP are a bit slow. If the appeal papers haven't arrived in a week or so, the Tribunal may well send Directions Notice. Basically this is a formal warning for DWP to send out the papers. If DWP don't comply with the order, they run the risk of not being able to use the evidence in the tribunal hearing.

Both parties (you and DWP) have a duty to cooperate fully with the tribunal. The Directions Notice if issued may have a direction to you to produce any papers you have eg such as a copy of the claim form, decisions and assessment report. If DWP haven't sent anything in the time limit and you have copies of various documents you should copy whatever you have and send it in the tribunal together with a covering letter. Dont ignore directions Notice as this might affect the way the Tribunal deals with your case!.
I hoprle thus helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271712 by Nikki-White
Replied by Nikki-White on topic DWP Late in responding to appeal request
With them being late, will that have a bad impact on me in the tribunal?

More
1 year 9 months ago #271739 by BIS
Hi Nikki-White

If the DWP don't send in the papers - the Tribunal will not be impressed. This is not your fault and will not reflect badly on you. The DWP will probably lose.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271780 by Nikki-White
Replied by Nikki-White on topic DWP Late in responding to appeal request
Still no acknowledgment

It is not helping my mental health or my anxiety

Can I still get a date for the appeal if the dwp hasn’t responded

Sorry I feel like I am asking such stupid questions

More
1 year 9 months ago #271782 by BIS
Hi Nikki-White

Don't apologise for asking questions. You don't know what you don't know. The Courts will decide on a date for your tribunal even if the DWP has not responded.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.