× Members

Discrepancies in Mandatory Reconsideration Notice

More
1 year 10 months ago #271685 by Ghayur
Hi all

I requested a mandatory reconsideration against scoring 0 points for Mobility Activity 2- Moving Around and today received a response.

On the front page 1 of the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice it reads as follows:
"I have looked at your PIP and decided: I can still award you the standard rate of 23.70".

However, on page 4, in decision section decision maker stated as below:
"We agree that you have difficulty moving around. The evidence shows that you can stand and then move 50 meters but no more than 200 metres either aided or unaided. This means that we have awarded you the enhanced rate for help with your activities of mobility."

No both statements are opposite to each other and when I called DWP to enquire, I was told that the statement on page 1 "standard rate" is correct and was not given any explanation for the statement on page 4.

Now, I am confused about whether the reconsideration was in my favour as stated in decision section on page 4 or against me.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Regards
Ghayur Ali Khan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271686 by LL26
Hi Ghayur,
I suggest that you actually write in to DWP asking them to explain what level of benefit you get and why. You could also ask for an explanation as to why such a confusing letter was sent out.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ghayur

More
1 year 10 months ago #271700 by phrank
Hi Ghayur,

In my view the statement on page 1 is the standard statement everyone gets with their award.

However, the statement on page 4 is NOT a standard one but has been written by the decision maker themselves and therefore SHOULD be correct.

I would suggest that this is what you need to imply, I know I would - and get my MP involved if they say otherwise.

This is totally unacceptable and, even though it is most likely a genuine mistake, should never happen.

I think you were most probably 'fobbed off' when you called the helpline as they more than likely wouldn't be able to give you an answer. They would be as flummoxed as you as to why the letter said what it did.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Ghayur

More
1 year 10 months ago #271709 by Ghayur
Hi Phrank

Thanks a lot for your reassuring reply. I did not know that I can get my MP involved in this matter but now I am going to approach them next week.
Again thank you.

Regards
Ghayur

More
1 year 9 months ago #271750 by phrank
Hi Guahur,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've got my MP's (two different ones) involved on two occasions - and both helped to get successful outcomes.

When you say you are going to 'approach' your MP, do you mean physically - or by phone, letter or email?

The reason I ask is that on the two occasions I've done this, it's been by email.

It's so simple. Just put 'contact my MP' into the google search box and then your postcode into the space provided. The name of your MP and then a space to fill in whatever you want to say should appear. Once completed just hit the 'send' button.

I've always had a fairly prompt reply within, if I remember corrrectly, a week or so.

Please let us know how you get on, oh, and the best of luck!

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, Gary, Ghayur

More
1 year 9 months ago #271759 by Ghayur
Hi ya Phrank

You have been very helpful, thank you.

By approach, I meant sending an email and the way you explained in your reply (I did not know that it is so easy to contact local MP).

In real life, I can't not speak to anyone I don't know, I even avoid speaking to people I know :)

I will defiantly, update this post with the outcomes.

Regards
Ghayur
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.