× Members

how to answer pip review queations

More
1 year 10 months ago #271691 by freefee
how to answer pip review queations was created by freefee
hi am presently filling in my pip review, i feel i underplayed my condition last time, this time i am fearful of overstating the help i need, for example the first question is preparing food, in 2016 i was awarded 2 points, but i am using the points awarded table this time and the descriptors, i noticed that if you need supervision you get 4 points, now in my first draft for review, i have stated i need supervision, and left it at that, should i change it to sometimes or leave it as it is? but i don't need supervision every day? but some days i do, so do? i say sometimes i need supervision?, this is obviously going to happen in a lot of the questions, i have put my worst day down in my first draft, before spending hours going over it all again in my second draft i need to know how to answer the question, my worst day?, my average day? or my best day? etc i don't want to be done for telling porkies, would like an answer before weekend, as i hope to have it finished by sunday, and i know you don't do weekends, thanks in advance for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271696 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic how to answer pip review queations
Hi freefee

Thank you for your question, we do get asked this question a lot.

Pip is based on the majority of the time, the question then becomes what is the majority of the time. Some claimants good days are equivalent to other claimants bad days.

When you say you need supervision the most important part of the answer is the ... why....

You have to explain why you need supervision;

So if you can't cut up vegetables, you say why not.

1, Because of frequent bouts of dizziness you are only able to sit down for a few minutes (try and say what few is). and then you need to go and lay down.

2. Handling knives is impossible because of the lack of grip and safety issues and the real danger of hurting yourself, which is why your husband does all the cooking. (Remind them again here that when you are alone your husband leaves you cold food to eat.)

3. Because of the lack of grip you are unable to move pans, as you would drop them. You don't have the balance of strength.

4. Nor could you take a ready meal and put in in the microwave (you need to say why you can't do this - balance, grip, dizziness, lifting something out - the danger of burning and hurting yourself, being unable to stand).

5. You also need to say why you cannot sit on a perching stool (because of the dizziness).

If you work through all your question putting in the ... why you need support that will help the assessor, remember the assessor does not know you, they can only go by what you have written.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
1 year 10 months ago #271697 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic how to answer pip review queations
thanks, i just recall other posts suggesting you should put your worst day down, i may be wrong i never have a good day, i only have less bad day's, and the bad days are getting worse, i have been advised by a lawyer that i should be getting the enhanced rates, but she may be wrong, that is only her opinion, i will tell the truth as i see it, but i will not say i have good days like i said in 2016, that was not the case, and i will add extra symptoms i have that i had in 2016, but didn't mention, because i hadn't even admitted how much help i need to myself, due to male pride and the rest of it, tell the truth and hope the points add up, many thanks

More
1 year 10 months ago #271699 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic how to answer pip review queations
Hi freefee

Most claimants under estimate their disability, they adapt to their condition and just get on with life even if they are in discomfort.

I quite often write when I complete these forms that I have bad days and worse day, I never use the words good days as the assessor will latch on to those words.

PIP is not awarded because of the condition but rather the limitations that result and prevent a claimant from completing a range of everyday activities. With PIP it is the mojority of the time.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.