× Members

Daughters pip

More
1 year 9 months ago #271716 by az
Daughters pip was created by az
Hi my daughter is 16 can I fill the pip form myself on behalf of my daughter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271723 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic Daughters pip
Hi az,
Firstly are you an Appointee with DWP, if so this will allow you to fill out forms and discuss matters with DWP over the phone, and take responsibility for the claim. You will be able to sign the form too.

If you have a power of attorney ( or equivalent under Scottish law) which has been registered this too can have the same effect.
Both of these events are likely to have arisen only if your daughter lacks capacity, or has a problem such as she is blind and hence could not complete the form. There is a box to tick to indicate the authority you have to fill out the form.

However, there is nothing to stop you filling out the form and then going through the answers with your daughter. Unless you have the relevant authority, per above, or wish to become an Appointee your daughter will have to sign the form herself.
There are different rules for terminally ill people.
If you fill out the form on behalf of your daughter you may wish to put a note in the additional info space saying that you have filled out the form and the process taken.
If, eg your daughter has poor coordination and hand spasms it will seem very unlikely she can write on the form and this will be the assumption by DWP hence no points!
Make sure your daughter fully understands and agrees. It is likely that you may have written some challenging information on the form. She may not agree with this. However if there is a problem you could put a separate note explaining as Dad/carer you have a different view of your daughter's disabilities. (This is often a problem area.)
If your daughter doesn't understand the form this could lead to complications if it is felt that the form misrepresents the truth.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: az

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.