× Members

PIP Assesment Recorded- CD, but can't listen to it myself

More
1 year 9 months ago #271721 by M
Hello,
I have an MR due for my PIP claim which was rejected.
I had my assesment recorded by the assessor and they sent me the CD with the recording.

However, I am finding it difficult to write my statement let alone listen to that whole assesment, it gives me anxiety even thinking about it so don't think I can bring myself to listen to it.

For my MR, will it help my MR case be stronger if I have referred to the original recorded assesment?
Or will just written statements explaining why their report is wrong (and including medical evidence that backs up my statement be enough?)

Finally, does anyone know any organisations in real life apart from Citizens Advice who can help with going through the CD assesment if necessary?

Thanks in advance :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271755 by Gary
Hi M

Have you contacted DWP and requested a copy of the assessors report?

If you have, go through the report (PA4) carefully with a highlighter highlighting any inaccuracies, especially if you cannot bare to listen the the CD.

The problem you have is that if you do not listen to the CD then you cannot say whether or not the CD matches the report, if you cannot listen to the report, are you able to ask a friend/family member to go through it?

The are other organisations apart from Citizen Advice, you can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.