× Members

Moved to France. Both PIP components stopped

More
1 year 9 months ago #271722 by Dawnc
Hiya This is my first post regarding my PIP, which I have had for 4 years. Last year I moved to France, really because the pace of life, the weather really suited me more. And now my house has everything I need on one level. I looked things up before I went and read that DWP might stop mobility but not care component. I informed the DWP on many occasions,, chased up by phone and letters and it was only when I complained nearly a year later, not hearing anything from the exportability team, I phoned to be told by DWP (not the exportability team) that a letter would be sent out and I wasn't entitled to any more PIP. 3 weeks later, I got a letter from exportability team, (with only a week left to appeal from France) !!!

So my question is : Has anyone experienced this ? I have complained to my previous UK local minister, who has written to dwp. I have also replied saying that I wanted it looked at again? It doesn't seem very clear Thanks. Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271736 by BIS
Hi Dawnc

I am publishing your post in the hope that another member may be able to help you.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawnc

More
1 year 8 months ago #272169 by Angel
I think Brexit changed how benefits abroad could be claimed.

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/disability-benefits

This is the gov,uk page, but you are best looking at the original Legislation, as the gov.uk is always incredibly vague.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.