× Members

another PIP review question

More
1 year 9 months ago #271727 by freefee
another PIP review question was created by freefee
hello again,
i am sorry that i keep asking questions about this, but i have something i need help with, in my review i refer quite a lot to my back pain and how it makes my life harder, and can stop me performing certain tasks, which is true. the problem i have is, i have recently been getting a regular call from a pharmacist at my gp's surgery, he sounds about 12, he has never met me, but he is looking at my repeat prescription, and trying to reduce it, i know it is a cost cutting exercise. one is just a different nasal spray, which i am not bothered about, but despite never even meeting me, he is trying to get me to reduce my painkiller intake, i take
strong pain killers 30/500 mg strength,, i take 2 tablets 3 times a day, i have started taking the lower strength 15/500 mg tablet he prescribed when i go to bed at night, the problem is i am in constant pain in my back, i had fall on fathers day, which incapacitated me badly for about a week, i could hardly walk, i am now back to the being in constant pain stage, being the people pleaser i am, i went along with this, but i feel i need at least the strength i am presently on, after my fall i spoke to gp, not mine. saying that this pharmacist is causing harm by doing this, and what next, which tablet will he try to change, she told me i still have my original dosage on my next repeat, this weaker painkiller has just been added, i said i am not a litigious person but in this case i will complain to whatever authority deals with this, i am due to speak to the pharmacist 1/7/22, and my own gp 5/7/2022, he has changed my prescription so i receive some items, such as my heart tablets in a 3 month supply on the first script, and 7 items will be received monthly as before, which in one case is understandable, as it is a controlled highly addictive drug, diazepam, any advice how i should deal with this would be gratefully received, what rights do i have? etc and should i mention this in my review, thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271738 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic another PIP review question
Hi freefee

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your medication, but we cannot comment as it is something outside the remit of this forum.

I can't tell you what to put on your review form, but I would be careful about putting information which can sound confusing. The most important point is sticking to the specific PIP criteria.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
1 year 9 months ago #271741 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic another PIP review question
ok if you can't answer that question, do you know if there a way i can complain about the pharmacist? he has never even met me, how can he reduce my dosage , which is actually 3 time the stronger ones and two at a time, two of the half strength ones before i go to bed, so it is 8 pills in total, i believe he is doing harm, and they must do no harm like doctors, i went back to the full strength ones for a week after my fall, i was just in too much pain, and i am still in pain now, i don't understand how it can be justified, i will mention it to both the pharmacist and my gp if i can't sort it beforehand, i have never made an official complaint, just wandered what the body i have to contact is? i haven't put that the pharmacist has reduced my medication, because i have only managed a few days on the last lower dosage at night, and it is already affecting my pain management, thanks

More
1 year 9 months ago #271748 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic another PIP review question
Hi freefee

Your question is outside the remit of the forum.

If you are not happy with what your pharmacist has prescribed contact your GP and explain your concerns.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: freefee

More
1 year 9 months ago #271945 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic another PIP review question
I have sorted this problem out, in my circumstance, I found that if you let people walk all over you, they will, it is my belief if you find out your rights, and tell the person, who you feel is basically bullying you, in a structured way, making each point firm but fair, you can succeed, the days of letting people take advantage of mental and physical health, problems are over for me, I had about 12 statements, each one putting my case stronger, after about 6 or 7 he relented, I said a key word, that I felt panicked him and he backed down, this is the way life is going I'm afraid

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.