× Members

Face to face assessment

More
1 year 9 months ago #271731 by Marie
Face to face assessment was created by Marie
I have my first ever pip assessment - I have not seen my condition mentioned here at all. I am worried thatthey are making it in person than via the phone and it is avery embarrassing condition to discuss. How do they decide which way to do the asssessments. ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271735 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Face to face assessment
Hi Marie

Before COVID the majority of PIP assessments were face-to-face. Once COVID started there were no face to face assessments and the majority were done by telephone with a small amount being paper-based. They have just started to do face-to-face assessments. Why you have been chosen for one - I can't tell you and even if you revealed your medical condition I still wouldn't be able to say. You can now appeal the type of assessment you have been given. You could ring and ask for a telephone assessment or paper-based - though you will have to give a reason. If they turn you down, you can appeal a second time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.