× Members

Affect on joint claim ESA

More
1 year 9 months ago #271743 by Anna
Affect on joint claim ESA was created by Anna
Hi. After 12 years I'm desperately trying to find my feet and get some work again. Very hard with all my health problems but determined. However, concerned as Currently I'm doing the hours of supported work. But if I want to go above this I know my ESA will be affected. But my husband (also on income related ESA) is still unable to work. There's no way I can earn enough to support both of us but I've heard it will affect his part as well. Is this true please? Any advise/ support in negotiating this broken system to try and get myself back on my feet?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271757 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Affect on joint claim ESA
Hi aej02

Have you looked into permitted work? www.gov.uk/government/publications/emplo...itted-work-factsheet
www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules
You will need to speak to a Welfare Rights Organisation who can take all you circunstances into consideration, you can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.