× Members

Pip new details about disability

More
1 year 7 months ago #272909 by gaynor
Pip new details about disability was created by gaynor
Hi I have rung pip to tell them I have a lung disease ipf there is no cure only a road to travel , I have my diagnosis and I am on oxygen all the time , how do pip measure a person on oxygen , if at all I am filling the form in now but do you put all your medical details down ..?
Thank you for all the years you have helped people you make us proud to know you .
Best wishes
Gaynor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #272940 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic Pip new details about disability
Hi Gaynor, the PIP guides on this website would help you fill out the form.

It would all depend on the descriptors in the form and how well and often for example you can get dressed everyday. Breathlessness would come into play a lot, and this would for example slow you down a lot when washing, walking, having a conversation, even eating, and that would be one aspect.

If there are help groups for IPF or the charity website, I'm sure there would be support there to help fill out your PIP form correctly as it can be a minefield struggling alone.

Good luck

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.