× Members

PIP Success - on-going & no review for 10 years!

More
1 year 4 months ago #276006 by Jul
Hi, I just wanted to post this as warning and encouragement to everyone suffering PIP Reviews. I was sent the now very small with nowhere to write anything PIP Review Form about 6 months ago and went into meltdown as my previous one got me the phone assessment from hell. Anyway, unlike last time, when I squeezed the minimum into the ridiculous form, I immediately spent over an hour on the PIP line to get an extension for the deadline as of course the post date had already lost me a week. The person I spoke to gave me two weeks extra and I decided the best thing to do was fill it in like it’s a brand new PIP claim, using my own paper and not the Review form. Using the site’s excellent, detailed guides, I made sure everything was answered as fully and thoroughly as possible. When I posted it Special Delivery, I was still waiting for two health care consultants appointments and their diagnoses for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and so had no confirmation or written evidence of this so I was basically preparing myself well for another assessment. I had a supporting letter from a housing manager and my support worker, but still waiting on confirmation of Fibromyalgia and CFS.

BUT, even without the consultants’ reports, I just got a letter saying my double Enhanced PIP is now on-going with no review for 10 years! I firmly believe that this happened because I forced myself to do a really thorough PIP form using the Site’s Guides instead of caving in to my exhaustion and depression, and squeezing the bare minimum into the rubbish Review Form. So, please, please don’t be fooled by that rubbish Review Form. Hit them with everything you’ve got even if it ends up a tome. If you can do just one descriptor a day and get a friend or relative to read it through, you’ll get an airtight form done and have the very best chance of success. Nowhere else has the level and detail of information and I’ll subscribe to Benefits and Work till I die. I’m over the moon with relief at the Award and want to say a huge thank you to the Forum, Mods, Members and Guides Writers. Without you all, I’d be lost. Thanks again, everyone, and Merry Christmas! xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: robreay, denby, ivyfox, peej01, Gary, SUE C C, Waxwing, Jacs, LL26, Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #276017 by Gary
Hi Jul

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I also thank you for putting in writing how you set out your plan of action as this will give hope to many members.

We often get asked how to file out the PIP review form, it is nice to hear from members who have gone out of their way to dot all the i's and cross all the t's and then get the result.

You can now take a well deserved rest, put your feet up for the festive period and chill.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox, Jacs, Numi

More
1 year 4 months ago #276026 by Jul
Cheers, Gary! Yes, am taking that breather, but still in shock. I’m so very grateful to this Forum and have been a member since 2016. It really does have the best information and support. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. I truly hope my story helps someone to not lose heart.
Merry Christmas xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, denby, ivyfox, ladypowys, Gary, Waxwing, Kim

More
1 year 4 months ago #276036 by anees292
Hi Jul
Nice to hear what have you done and got good result, this is a realy encouraging post have read after a long time. I am the middle of this PIP and hope to get this kind of good result. Wishing you good luck and merry christmas.

More
1 year 4 months ago #276043 by LL26
Hi Jul,
Well done on your success. I too have noticed the PIP firm boxes have gotten smaller and smaller. Say what you need to say, and use extra paper if need be. Don’t think you simply need to develop very small handwriting!
Merry Christmas.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #276219 by Jacs
This is good to hear, I have my review after 4 years and have got an extension til 4Feb due to postal strike as letter dated 4Dec return 4Jan but only got few days before Christmas. I only got PIP following MR/Tribunal which I won (3rd tribunal for every support over 10yrs winning all 3 tribunals, is so draining). Its positive to hear having spent almost 2 yrs to get PIP and the stress that took to now go through the review terrifies me when I had over 300 pages of health reports as the judge said to me. Is this guidance you mentioned free or under subscription?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.