× Members

Text received from DWP just one month after submission of PIP claim

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #282897 by kaitlin
Hi I was surprised to receive this text telling me a health Professional is looking at my PIP claim and will contact me for an appointment if they need to.
I have read on here that people are waiting 7 months to a year for outcomes.
I'm now expecting a phone call every day and it is making me anxious.
Is this a routine text in this timeframe of one month after submission?
Does it still mean they might contact me many months away?
Does anyone get contacted quickly?

My condition means I sleep a lot. If they call and I miss it, will it go against me? Ideally I would be better with a timeslot so I can set an alarm. I dont like this hanging over me.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #282900 by Chris
Hi Kaitlin, This text is usually just to pre-warn you to expect an appt in the near future. It happened to me, and I was given an appt by text and letter roughly 2 months later, however everyones time scale differs. I would advise when you get your appt, (usually by text and a letter), to set your alarm because they tend to inform you that the health professional calling could ring 30 mins either side, so if your appt is scheduled for 10am for example, then you should expect a call between 9.30am and 10.30am approx. Hope this helps, Kind regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kaitlin

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #283019 by traceytracey
Hi Kaitlin,

I have been getting these text every 3 months since December and have still not had an assessment . I think it is just automated and sent out every 3 months so that you know they have not forgotten you. I shouldn't worry too much. When they arrange the assessment they should give you 7 days notice, unless it is just a quick question they need to ask.

Try not to worry

Regards Traceytracey
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, kaitlin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris