× Members

Migration to UC from Working Tax Credit when working part time

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #283282 by Pat
Hi - my son has received a migration letter for moving from Working Tax Credits (higher rate for WTC with disabled component as in receipt of DLA) to UC. He is in receipt of the lower care rate for DLA as he has a moderate learning disability. He currently works 16.25 hours a week but unable to work more hours than this due to stamina issues in current job role and employer being unwilling to move him into a different job role without asking him to work very early or late shifts. He is supported in work by Surrey Choices with meetings and interviews and needed them to help him get the job in the first place.

Does anyone know what the process will be for him re work related interview? Will they make allowances or will they expect him to try and increase his hours? He was on WTC because of his low income.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #283288 by Chris
Hi Pat,

Is this in relation to the new rules going to be issued by the government where you have to work more hours to encourage people with disabilities back into work?

I think one of the more experienced mods will need to answer this, I'm still learning, and only into my first month.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pat

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #283293 by Pat
Hi Chris - I'm not sure. I think they are just in the process of transferring everyone who is on WTCs to UC and it's now his turn for this rather than this being related to his disability. I'm just now sure how they will approach the work interview if he is already working when it seems to be geared towards those who are not working. I'm hoping that they will put him in the Limited Capacity for Work category and not require him to try and look for full time work.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #283311 by dancer22
If your son requires an appointee then this could apply
Appointee in place
J3271 In all appointee cases the need for a claimant to accept a claimant commitment is waived (see further guidance in ADM Chapter J1) and work-related requirements are switched off. There should be no mandatory activities, including mandatory WFI's and no sanction action taken.
See
www.gov.uk/government/publications/advic...n-making-staff-guide
Chapter J1: The claimant commitment

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.